We are looking forward to our year five day of activities at Red Beach.
Here are a few final reminders:
When: Friday 9/03/2017 7.00 am at school -Buses to depart at 7:15, arriving back at school by approx 4:30 pm. Leaving Red Beach at 2.30 pm)
Where: Surf Life Saving Club at the end of Ngapara Street, Red Beach.
How: All children are to travel to and from Red Beach by bus.
What to bring – Students
• Togs/Towel (wetsuit or rash shirts if they have one) – Appropriate swimming attire only,
• Snack for arrival/morning tea, lunch, afternoon snack before we leave (lots of food as it is a physical day),
• Large bottle of water,
• Sunblock (please also apply before leaving home),
• Mufti – shorts/ t-shirt/ warm sweatshirt that is easy to do activities in (no school uniform) plus a warm pair of trousers/sports pants to wear at the end of the day (not jeans),
• Footwear – sandals or sneakers (appropriate to walk on sand if sand is hot).
All watches, toys, i-pads, surfboards, snorkels and valuables must be left at home.
What to bring – Adults:
• The expectation is that supervising parents will be in the sea (you will need togs and towel),
• Wetsuits are recommended if the day looks chilly,
• A warm change of clothes,
• Sunblock SPF 30+
• Sunhat (recommend wide-brimmed),
• Lunch, snacks for morning and afternoon and a large bottle of water.
On our return to school, all students must go home with their own parent or if somebody else is collecting them, a letter/email must be received by your child’s class teacher letting us know who will collect your child prior to leaving on the day. A letter/email must also be received if your child is walking home alone. All children are to be collected from outside their classroom. They must be marked off on the roll, so we ask that you don’t collect them as they come off the bus, but let them go to their classroom first.
Please note the return time is an approximate time, as we make our way through the Auckland traffic. Where possible, Mrs Bayer will place travel updates on the school website, school app-skool loop and Facebook page to give you some indication as to where we are on the motorway.
In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact the school should you have any concerns or queries phone school 534 6543. If your child is unexpectedly sick on this day please ring the school office and leave a message. All messages will be listened to prior to leaving school.
The Year 5 Teachers
Mrs Riach Room 1, Mrs Chilvers Room 3, Mr Chamberlain Room 17