We are looking forward to our year five day of activities at Red Beach. The weather forecast is looking promising! Here are a few final reminders:
When: Tomorrow, Friday 3/03/2017 7.00 am at school
(Arriving back at school by approx 4:30 pm. Leaving Red Beach at 2.30 pm)
Where: Surf Life Saving Club at the end of Ngapara Street, Red Beach.
How: All children are to travel to and from Red Beach by bus. There will be space for approximately five parents on the bus if wanted. The remaining parents can either carpool, or drive themselves.
What to bring – Students
• Togs/Towel (wetsuit or rash shirts if they have one)
• Snack for arrival/morning tea, lunch, afternoon snack before we leave (lots of food as it is a
• Large bottle of water
• Sunblock (please also apply before leaving home)
• Mufti – shorts/ t-shirt/ warm sweatshirt that is easy to do activities in (no school uniform)
A warm pair of trousers/sports pants to wear at the end of the day
• Footwear – sandals or sneakers (appropriate to walk on sand if sand is hot)
Please leave all watches, toys, i-pads, surf boards, snorkels and valuables at home
What to bring – Adults:
• The expectation is that supervising parents will be in the sea (you will need togs and towel)
• Wetsuits are recommended if the day looks chilly
• A warm change of clothes
• Sunblock SPF 30+
• Sunhat (recommend wide-brimmed)
• Lunch, snacks for morning and afternoon and a bottle of water
On our return to school, all students must go home with their own parent or if somebody else is collecting them, a letter/email must be received by your child’s class teacher letting us know who will collect your child prior to leaving on the day. A letter/email must also be received if your child is walking home alone. All children are to be collected from outside their classroom. They must be marked off on the roll, so we ask that you don’t collect them as they come off the bus, but let them go to their classroom first.
Please note the return time is an approximate time, as we make our way through the Auckland traffic. Where possible, Mrs Bayer will place travel updates via email and our BBPS Community Facebook page to give you some indication as to where we are on the motorway. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact the school should you have any concerns or queries. (Team Leader: Jillian Redpath Contact details: email@example.com or phone school 534 6543)
Thank you again for supporting our trip.
The Senior School Teachers
Ms Jillian Redpath Room 4, Mrs Chilvers Room 3, Mrs Christensen Room 2